Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baseball 2011 is A Go

Thinking about what I was going to post for this blog is difficult, 30 Teams in 30 Days is over and tomorrow is Opening Day. Yes I could write about an exhibition game, or something along those lines, but I really don't know what to write about. There's something about Opening Day, that allows fans everywhere to feel a pulse throughout their body. Many great things have happened on Opening Day, like Jackie Robinson playing for the first time, Babe Ruth hitting a homerun in old Yankee Stadium, or even last year's amazing flip by Mark Buehrle to Paul Konerko. Regardless of the time period, the date, the weather, or even the team, Opening Day is something that only happens once a year, making it a holiday for baseball fans. I went to Opening Day last year in Washington, against the Phillies, and it was electrifying. All the players were there, and snipers were there as well (to protect the president). But you could just tell that it was going to be a special day, which it was. This year Opening Day is broken up into two different days, between the 6 games going on tomorrow, and others on Friday. I don't necessarily agree with this, because it separates the atmosphere that normally comes with Opening Day. In my opinion, it will either give MLB more publicity or can blow up in their face. I know that I will be kicking back at my house watching Roy Halladay dominate over Brett Myers and the Astros. In all seriousness, I am also going to Opening Night at Citizens Bank Park to watch Cliff Lee and the Phillies take on the Astros once again. I hope all teams good luck in the 2011 season, and wish all Opening Day starters good luck on their first outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment