Sunday, March 13, 2011

30 Teams in 30 Days: Oakland Athletics (Day 13)

Once again, this blog is late due to the lack of "Free Wifi" at my hotel. But now that I am back in my normal residency, I am able to blog freely. 30 Teams in 30 Days continues in the AL West with the Oakland Athletics. The Athletics finished 2nd in the division with a record of .500. They followed the same pattern as the Detroit Tigers with a mirrored home and away record of 47-34 and 34-47. The A's missed several opportunities this off season by not acquiring Adrian Beltre or Lance Berkman. Some have speculated that it's the enormous Coliseum is the reason that players don't want to go play in Oakland. Oakland was able to make a decent amount of pick ups, by obtaining: Josh Willingham, David DeJesus, and Hideki Matsui. With Kurt Suzuki, Kevin Kouzmanoff, and Coco Crisp still on the team, Oakland could win 82 games. This season could go either way for Oakland, especially with a revamped Los Angeles Angels team. But going back to Coco Crisp, he may experience some problems with the organization after receiving a DUI last week. Or he could become one of the best players in baseball like Miguel Cabrera. Dallas Braden is the Opening Day starter for Oakland and can I just say that I'm still looking for a "Get Off My Mound!" T-shirt? If you find one in a medium, please let me know. Braden didn't have much after he threw his perfect game, mainly because he spent some time on the DL. I do with Braden and the Athletics good luck in the 2011 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment