Friday, April 8, 2011

Manny Ramirez Retires

I don't know what to say. One of my favorite players, has retired. Yes, I know what you're thinking, "You posted a blog stating why Manny Ramirez is no longer important."But at that time, Manny wasn't in the best position as a free agent, and I felt as though he would go unsigned for awhile. Now I realize how important Manny Ramirez actually is. At work today, I was on the computer and read on Twitter that Manny was retiring, and instantly I was at a loss for words. He would face a 100 game suspension for performance enhancing drugs in Spring Training. I immediately thought, he'll never get 600 homeruns. Many thought that Manny would achieve the 600 mark in the next two seasons, but he will always be stuck at the 555 homeruns. Who could forget "Manny being Manny," "Mannywood," or my personal favorite, "ManRam." His antics in left field at Boston were great, like being on his phone while in the Green Monster, as well as his fielding, and his sportsmanship. As you may remember from my previous blog about Manny, my favorite memory of him was when he slapped hands with a fan in left field when he played for the Red Sox. When the Phillies played the Dodgers in the post season in 2008 and 2009, there was no other player I was more scared of than Manny Ramirez. Manny was with the Red Sox when they won in both 2004 and 2007, he was also a 12-time All-Star. Hopefully this incident does not taint Manny's chances of making the Hall of Fame, because he truly is a Hall of Famer. If you would like, please post your favorite Manny memory below, good or bad. I wish Manny luck in whatever he does, I will miss him. I will be getting a "Manny" shirt in his honor, because it truly was an experience watching him play.

You'll Be Missed

No comments:

Post a Comment