Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Not Posting for Long Periods of Time

I once again apologize blog fans, but I feel as though I have let you down by not posting for some time. I'm trying to get pack to posting at least 3-4 times again, and hopefully that will happen. Last Tuesday I attended my very first Brewers game at Miller Park in Milwaukee, and it was quite a show. The Brewers faced the Tampa Bay Rays in interleague play and it was an amazing experience. I sat two rows from the field and was able to see the game like I've never seen one before. Zack Greinke took the mound for the Brew Crew, and fanned down 10 throughout the game (6 swinging, 4 looking). What was Kansas City thinking when they let him go?!?!?! But in that game, I was able to get an autograph from both Casey McGehee and Corey Hart. Not only that but in the first inning, Even Longoria grounded out to Casey McGehee to Rickie Weeks. Weeks then proceeded to throw the ball into the crowd and I was fortunate enough to catch it. My very first game ball. A ball that has touched the hands of Zack Greinke, Casey McGehee, and Rickie Weeks. Wow. Other than that, the roof and the back of the stadium closed due to severe storms in Milwaukee, which the roof closed in less than 10 minutes.

But enough of my own personal experience, baseball is taking shape as we near the All-Star break. The Phillies are now 20 games over .500! And as a Phillies fan, I still feel as though they could be playing better. Not one player is batting over .300 with disappoints me. Shane Victorino is closest with a .291 average, but even that isn't that great. It used to be that the Phillies wouldn't bat for average, but would hit 30 homers, and now that's not even the case. The Phils need to stop relying on their pitching, although it is amazing, and realize that pitching only gets you so far. In wrapping up, please continue to read, and go Phillies!

No comments:

Post a Comment